Group Financial Controller
7 days left
- Full Time
My client is an establish and growing name within their specialist field across the UK, Holland and France. Due to continued growth they have created a new position of Group Controller reporting directly into the Group Finance Director based in Gloucester.
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing the day to day operational activities of the finance function, implementing processes and controls to ensure robust financial performance of the team and the business, managing the finance team, producing timely and accurate financial information and ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory regulations at all times.
- Responsible for setting the agenda for change across the finance team to build a high performing and motivated finance team
- Lead and manage the finance team, setting relevant and stretching performance targets in order to deliver agreed customer priorities, operational targets, financial targets and budgets, KPI's, SLA's
- Oversee timely preparation of monthly management accounts and other monthly routines as required
- Provision of financial analysis and information to support the annual budget process and quarterly reforecasts.
- Analyse financial performance against agreed KPIs and produce reports as required by the business, highlighting exceptions and any areas of concern with recommended solutions
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Ensure team compliance in credit control, invoicing, collections processes (including aged debtor reporting) and any other processes as required by the business
- Accountable for supporting the delivery of the procure to pay process ensuring cashflow is maximised at all times
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance including VAT returns, CIS returns, EC Sales, Corporation Tax and PAYE returns are completed accurately and in line with legal timeframes
- Management of the statutory year end audit process including liaison with external auditors
- Accountable for the review and update of Statutory Accounts
You will be a qualified accountant with previous experience at Controller level. This role is part of the senior management team and as such you will need to be able to add value in the board room. This isn't a role for someone wanting to churn out the numbers in a lonely office, plenty of interaction with the business will be needed to continue the growth and development of the group.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Group Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly