Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Type: Permanent position, 52 weeks
Holiday Entitlement: Year 1 – 25 days + bank holidays rising to 30 days + bank holidays after 5 years’ service
Here at Seashell Trust we provide education and care for children and young adults with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties/disabilities, sensory impairments, communication disorders and autism.
We are recruiting a Payroll Co-ordinator to provide and administer an accurate payroll service to Trust employees (via an external payroll bureau) in accordance with Trust, Government, Pension and Audit regulations, procedures and deadlines. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will operate efficient day to day payroll functions, providing guidance and advice on payroll statutory regulations for staff and managers.
The role is also required to support and develop the implementation and use of integrated Payroll and HR systems and will work as part of a small and dynamic team.
- Experience of administering a variety of contractual data for payroll purposes
- 5 GCSE A – C Inc. English and Maths (or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy)
- Advanced application of MS Excel, Outlook and databases
- Knowledge of the principles underlying government legislation and laws
- Professional qualification to include one of the following:
- CIPP Qualification – Foundation level or above
- Association of Accounting Technician’s (AAT) level 2 in Payroll Administration
- CIPP – Advanced Payroll technician
- Willingness to complete CIPP Degree in Payroll Management
- Ability to multi task, organise work tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound mathematical background including the ability to apply concepts such as percentages
- Evidence of excellent IT skills, including understanding of payroll and time recording systems
- Show initiative and be open to new ideas and uphold the spirit of continuous improvement by being able to identify better ways to do things
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to write and maintain reports
- Ability to analyse, present and report management information that will inform line managers in an accurate, clear and timely manner
- Good time keeping with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to undertake additional project work alongside the day-to-day running of the payroll process.
- Experience of term time only contracts and Teachers’ pensions
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply for Payroll Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly