Interim Commercial Accountant
I am recruiting an Interim Commercial Accountant to complete a 3-6 month project with a well-established and successful business based in North Wales. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for producing monthly management accounts and analysis as well as completing various projects. This is an exciting opportunity that could lead to a more permanent role within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis and commentary of management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts, liaising with local accountants in multiple countries, answering queries and providing full information for accounts to be submitted
- Auditor queries - including foreign auditors
- Liaison with operations team in respect of period accounting and results
- Provide support and guidance to junior accounts staff within all areas of their roles
- Responsible for organising/overseeing all junior accounts work
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT Returns and preparation and submission of sales & tax returns where relevant
- Preparation and submission of BACS/cheque payments, as required
- Improve finance systems/processes in place for companies
- Responding to ad hoc information requests from senior management
- Prepare commercial appraisals for new and existing business
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be available to start work on minimal notice. You will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified or suitably qualified by experience with strong systems and Excel skills.