My Client, a world leader in the media and publishing industry, is looking for a hard working and enthusiastic Business analyst to join their team on a 6 month basis. The role is based in London but can be worked on remotely without ever having to visit the London office. The successful candidate will ideally be an ACA big 4 qualified accountant with at least one years experience within the media industry.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial analysis and modelling so our business leaders are equipped with insight to support strategic decision making.
Structure and reporting relationship
Reports to the Commercial Finance Director.
Strong relationship with the Chief Customer Officer and Chief Audience Officer.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
● To work with the relevant Finance Director or Executive Team member to provide financial modelling and analysis to support submissions in the process.
● Liaison with the Customer and Product teams to provide modelling and insight for key metrics such as registered customers and page views to produce robust assumptions and predictions to support Investco submissions.
● Extracting data for analysis from core systems (DFP/Google Analytics/Facebook/GL/ASP/BPC)
● Building of excel models to model a variety of scenarios to provide a range of potential outcomes to support submissions.
● Uphold their policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld.
● Ability to understand the granular detail and how that impacts to bigger overall picture
● Advanced Excel skills
● Has the ability to build relationships across the business.
● Communication, including written, face-to-face and presentation skills.
Qualifications & Experience
Fully qualified accountant (ACA Big 4 Ideally)
Previous experience within a media Company
● High-impact, engaging personality with ability to drive things forward
● High level of emotional intelligence and ability to build strong relationships
● Effective operator, well organised, gets things done well and with good pace
● Collaboration - Demonstration of working collaboratively, internally and externally
● Determination - Demonstration of perseverance to achieve effective outcomes
● Imagination - Demonstration of creativity and innovation
● Customer Focus - Consider the Customer in everything we do