The Financial Controller will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance team of the UK site. This is a hands-on role with a broad range of duties from managing the AP and AR functions to the monthly reporting and business partnering.
Our client is an international manufacturing business based in South Devon with a strong presence and excellent reputation across Europe. They are currently looking for a Financial Controller to deputise the European Finance Director and run the UK finance team.
To produce accurate and timely financial information for the UK operation, whilst applying and adhering to group-wide accounting policies and practises.
- Oversee the UK financial reporting function, including both review and preparation responsibilities for journal entries, account reconciliation and internal controls.
- Train, mentor, and supervise a team of 3 (Functions including: Payroll, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & General Ledger).
- Maximise the Company's cash position at all times and work with the European FD on 12 week rolling cash forecasts.
- Manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Fixed Asset Ledgers and resolve any anomalies.
- Understand and provide analysis on all costing variances (Stock, Labour & Overhead)
- Work with European FD to evaluate, develop and enact accounting policies.
- Challenge existing processes and streamline/develop new ones to promote efficiencies and provide additional value-add for the finance group as a whole.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and 3-year plan.
- Lead the external audits of the UK accounts and controls and work with auditors on Statutory
- Accounts and Corporation Tax returns.
- Support the team in preparation of VAT returns and other statutory returns.
- Support other departments with information and /or analysis when required
- Qualified accountant with one of the recognised bodies.
- 3-5 years post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience in managing a finance team.
- Knowledge of multi-currency transactions in a global business.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to travel to other European sites.
- Essential to demonstrate ability to achieve tight reporting deadlines.