5 days left
- Full Time
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
Birmingham - South
A successfully growing construction business that is looking for a Financial Controller following a recent restructure. This business needs a strong leader to bring a new team together and creating a successful team ethos, so experience managing large teams is essential.
As Financial Controller, you will have full responsibility for the timely production of accurate financial reporting over your region whilst working closely with the group. The role will require a strong level of management information reporting, they need someone to help navigate the business through the next 5 years of its growth plan. You will need to demonstrate your experience managing a finance team, streamlining processes from the bottom up and be able to deliver innovative ideas to better a construction business.
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Supervise the preparation of month-end management accounts and VAT returns
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Budget analysis
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year-end statutory accounts
- Managing, mentoring, and motivating the accounts team
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least 5 years post qualified experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy in the accounts
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team.
- The ability to influence change within the business and the gravitas to build strong financial management.
- Experience in construction
- Effective communicator at all levels, able to deal with non-finance staff.
- Advance experience of MS Excel is essential.
- Basic Salary £50,000 - £60,000
- 10% Bonus
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly