Financial Planning Manager
A Financial Planning Manager is required to join a very successful and instantly recognisable business based in Manchester for a full-time, permanent role. The business has outperformed its competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
Your New Role
Reporting into the Head of Strategic Finance, you will play a key role in the planning and reporting within a talented team. You will engage with the business and ensure all strategies, initiatives, risks and opportunities are accurately reflected into future plans. Taking the lead, this role coordinates across the business to deliver best practice, consistency and alignment. Key duties of the Financial Planning Manager will include:
- Liaising, collaborating and communicating with all finance teams to ensure P&L impacts, risks and opportunities are understood and correctly reflected in the budget and forecast where appropriate.
- Coordinating delivery of rolling forecast and outturn predictions (forward forecasts of periodic, quarterly and full year), providing appropriate commentary and explanations with insight into performance drivers.
- The production of accurate, consistent and insightful presentations, telling the story of performance or create clear and challenging forward forecasts.
- The production of insightful and clear planning communication packs for decision making.
- Building strong relationships and demonstrating your credibility when dealing with various internal business partners across all levels in finance and the executive teams.
To get going quickly in this Financial Planning Manager role, you will need to have significant experience as a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) within a planning finance function. We will look for you to demonstrate planning and forecasting skills and show how you've provided key insights that delivered results. So that you're able to fully understand the complexity of this business, you will ideally have great experience from a large, multi-site organisation in the retail, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry. Applications should demonstrate:
- Evidence of having played a key role in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) or financial reporting teams in a large, complex business.
- Resilience and confidence challenging and engaging internal business partners.
- Experience of building and managing meaningful relationships with a variety of different stakeholders at all levels, as you will be challenging the status quo.
- Experience successfully designing and improving management packs for senior stakeholders
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
On offer for the Financial Planning Manager will be £60,000 - £70,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your profile and land some great changes to the way this organisation does business. If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven Financial Planning Manager who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you. Apply today to find out more.
Apply for Financial Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly