Senior Project Accountant
This is a high profile and strongly analytical role to support on a number of projects. You will be responsible for representing the interests of Finance at project meetings and supplier workshops to ensure that the projects are running smoothly.
Working for a leading and well regarded Financial Services organisation in Birmingham.
- Working with Group Finance, specify and record, for each new project, the Finance business requirements, including regulatory and MI reporting, processes, general ledger accounting requirements.
- Produce test scenarios and business acceptance scripts for the testing cycle following the risk based approach.
- Liaise with Business Acceptance Test team to ensure that scripts are completed in accordance with agreed targets. Monitor the resolution of defects raised, manage the implementation of alternative processes where necessary.
- Complete reconciliations where any change impacts the accounting records ensuring a smooth transition and to support training needs
- Provide insight and contributions to evaluate and improve
- Support the relationship between IT, system suppliers (plus other suppliers where applicable) and group finance
- Assist in the development of key documents supporting financial reporting and statutory requirements
- Ongoing review and management of systems and processes against the business needs and requirements with an aim to eliminate any inefficient systems and practices
- Ensure all project documentation, including but not limited to, finance dashboards, defect/change logs, are updated and completed within the required timescales
- Qualified Accountant
- Demonstrable knowledge of ensuring financial control procedures are maintained and working on projects.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Previous experience of identifying, designing and implementing new processes or changes to systems within a finance environment that have added value
This is a 12 month contact paying circa £48000