Financial Controller - Start-up business
Our client, a highly ethical service driven start-up business, seeks a Financial Controller for its growing Head Office management team in central London.
The organisation is keen to provide a new and exciting service offering; one that provides an exceptional customer experience but that also operates in a sustainable and ethical way by reducing the impact on the environment, investing in local communities and promoting best practices within its sector.
The Finance Controller is responsible for implementing and maintaining all financial systems including accounting, reporting, control and compliance, and ensuring the successful operation of these processes going forwards. You will be expected to work with the CEO and other financial leaders in the organisation, using your commercial skills and financial reporting to drive business performance. There will be additional administration and compliance responsibilities, including acting as the primary contact for the Company Secretary, Payroll, Tax office and external HR Consultant in order to ensure compliance in all financial and legal matters, as well as other ad-hoc projects during the initial start-up phase.
An excellent opportunity to join an exciting, growing company and directly contribute to its success.
Applicants should be a fully qualified accountant with demonstrable experience of managing a finance function within a small, or ideally, start-up business. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work mainly autonomously, albeit with support from the wider Group companies.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Fully qualified accountant - ACA, CA or ACCA
- Post-qualification experience gained within a small or ideally start-up environment
- International accounting experience
- Proven ability to lead a small finance function including hands on financial accounting, management accounting and reporting
- Good budgeting, forecasting and business partnering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong Excel and finance system skills - ideally Sage
- Professional and ambitious but team orientated and collaborative
- Any exposure gained within a sustainable business would be beneficial