Financial Controller - East Leeds
This is fantastic opportunity to join a UK market leading business who are in a period of significant growth. The business, who are based in East Leeds, have recently restructured their finance team, and as a result of internal promotion, are now looking to hire a new Financial Controller.
The role will oversee the finance team, and be responsible for the management and financial accounts preparation, reporting directly to the Finance Director. The role would be ideally suited to someone looking for their first step up to Financial Controller from Finance Manager, or someone with 12-24 month experience as an FC already, looking for their next new challenge with a growing business.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Preparation of accurate monthly consolidated management accounts on a timely basis
- Responsible for overseeing the team to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in line with the month end timetable
- Responsibility for the annual audit and preparing the statutory accounts#
- Management and coaching of finance team members
- Responsible for reviewing monthly payroll of 500 employees
- Monthly balance sheet reviews
- Reviewing and overseeing all purchase ledger functions, preparing payment runs and managing cashflow on a day-to-day basis
- Work with the Head of Finance and Finance Director to produce accurate forecasts and business plans
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Finance Director with providing financial information to the business and completing ad-hoc financial and business projects
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified with a minimum of 12 months PQE - Essential
- Experience of managing and coaching staff - Essential
- Be commercially focused with strong communication skills - Essential
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Brand new offices - newly refurbished
- On site parking
- 25 days holiday increasing with service
- Company pension
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.