Accountant : Manufacturing & Engineering: Sheffield
A well-established manufacturing and engineering business in Sheffield are looking to appoint an experienced and ambitious accoutnant to join their finance team. The business is planning future growth via acquisitions and is looking to strengthen their executive team to support these plans.
This role will lead the finance team and support and advise the board on their strategic growth and will provide assistance with both the acquisition and integration of new businesses into the group with a particular focus on improving financial reporting and controls for the group.
The business has a turnover of around £25m and they are looking for an individual who is looking to develop into a future FC.
The position isn't a typical head down focused position but one which blends traditional reporting requirements with the need to constantly add value to the business by focusing on a variety of commercial areas.
The successful accountant will have ultimate responsibility for producing financial reporting, FP&A, balance sheet reconciliations, driving improvements across controls and processes, operational finance and ad hoc projects when required.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Ensure timely production of monthly management accounts including investigation of variances and KPI analysis
- Production of draft year-end financial statements & associated Tax packs
- Oversee the year-end audit process
- Responsibility for supervision and completion of balance sheet accounts reconciliation, P&L analysis
- Design and implement robust and meaningful analysis / commercial commentary of month end reporting
- Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Report on and control the company's liquidity/cash-flow.
- Working with group to manage the company's FX position and mitigate risk.
- Provide analysis of the company's business performance to the Management team as required - proposing potential for improvement and supporting the implementation.
- Timely & accurate completion/submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Providing support in both financial & non-financial colleagues with ongoing development of new IT System
- Other responsibilities regularly assigned to this role will include general and credit insurance, Pension administration and General Company secretarial administration.
- Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Preferably the successful candidate will have a degree
- Strong technical ability with clear understanding of financial & management reporting & working knowledge of direct and indirect tax
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard & have experience of using ERP Systems
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant who is a team player
- Self-motivated & driven individual who wants to join an exciting growing SME
- Desire to become a future FC
- £30,000 to £40,000 + Bonus (10%)
- A competitive package will be offer
- Continuous career development plan
- 33 days holiday including statutory holiday
- Pension & Private Health
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.