Group Financial Accountant : Manufacturing : Sheffield
A hugely successful group of companies are moving their finance HQ to Sheffield and are now looking to attract a qualified group financial accountant to join their expanding finance team. With a presence on an international scale the business is looking to attract the region's most ambitious talent to join a business which has gone through a significant period of investment within the business over the last 12 months. The environment is one which all staff are given the opportunity to progress their careers whilst working in a supportive and professional environment.
Whether that progression means development in the finance deparenment or if someone is looking for a route into a GM role within an international business with opportunities overseas then this business will support that development.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of the monthly board pack for submission for review
- Responsibility for oversight of all journal postings to ensure the nominal ledger is closed down within specified deadlines
- Review work undertaken by the purchase ledger clerk and purchase and sales ledger assistant to ensure this is accurate and timely
- Preparing and reviewing detailed P&L and Balance Sheet supporting schedules and report
- Assist with other ad-hoc financial analysis and forecasting, including involvement in annual budgeting and supplier tender procedures
- Identifying areas to reduce costs through reporting
- Ensuring all statutory compliance in relation to UK GAAP & IFRS
- Managing internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with post-qualified experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of financial and management accounting in a group environment with exposure to group consolidation including management of deliverables across multiple business units would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in working within or managing finance projects, supporting decision-making activities and creating and developing effective business relationships
- Strong Excel and IT skills capable of data manipulation, report generation, analysis and presentation
- Proven ability to business partner with non - finance
- This role would suit someone looking to make their first step into industry or looking to take a step from a technical role that offers broader responsibility
- Competitive Salary + benefits for the right candidate including parking, holidays, bonus and competitive pension.
- You will likely be looking for a salary between £40,000 to £50,000
- Flexible working including working from home
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Apply for Group Financial Accountant : Manufacturing : Sheffield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly