Head of FP&A
Dartmouth have been retained by a high growth cyber security business to help build their senior finance function as they look to take Private Equity investment next year. On a mission to transform digital security, the company are on the forefront of innovation and have grown exponentially for the past few years. Having recently re-based the business to work on a Software-as-a-service model to company are now poised to accelerate growth through both organic means and through M&A.
To achieve their ambitious targets, the company needs to build a world class commercial finance function to provide key insights to unlock growth. Reporting directly to the CFO, the Head of FP&A role will support a strategic and tactical shift in business mentality and develop capability to provide robust, consistent and insightful data analytics to drive profitable customer growth globally.
The role will help to change a marketing focused BI function into a fit for purpose FP&A team building both a robust annual budget and an effective dynamic forecasting process along with delivering on performance management to ensure delivery of the group strategy.
- Assist in preparing analytical insights for the Executive Team and Board into the drivers and results of the budget and forecasting process to aid management understanding and decision-making.
- Set up ongoing SaaS metric tracking for the commercial team to make informed decisions to support budget creation
- Support pricing strategy through modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Support on all management reporting work streams to understand current business performance
- Report to ExCo weekly/monthly on sales/revenue and cash under various scenarios
- Design and run the group budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring these are aligned to strategy and long-term business planning.
- Carry out financial analysis as required; building relationships with functions to enable commercial challenge.
- Lead in implementing an FP&A framework that drives performance management best practice.
- Understand & articulate key trends, risks and opportunities in the monthly reporting and forecasting process
- Assist in future investment processes including building and maintaining the data room and taking charge of due diligence processes
- Build and maintain a financial planning model which includes sensitivity analysis and scenario planning which can be used for the investment process and for internal budgeting process
- Other ad hoc strategic and tactical requests
- Experienced Finance professional, with a strong foundation of financial management & business partnering with relevant accounting qualifications (CIMA / ACCA / ACA or similar)
- Proven experience leading a similar FP&A function within a PE or VC backed business.
- SaaS experience is an absolute must have
- A change agent that can lead the business through a significant transformation period
- Ability to summarise and bring clarity to reported data in a fast past and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business functions and influence senior management/directors and wider stakeholders