My Client, a leading Law firm in based in London, is looking for a Finance Manager to lead their team for the next 4-6 months.
You will manage a team of 6 and report to the financial controller.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership, support and direct management to a finance team of 6 staff including general accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll officers
- Ensure statutory compliance with BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, Workers Compensation, FBT and Business Insurances
- Prepare and manage bank, general ledger, cashflow and cost centre reconciliations processes on weekly and monthly cycles as required
- Drive process improvement initiatives and implement financial control strategies to support business growth, risk mitigation and optimise accounting functions
- Analyse data and prepare meaningful statistical insights and metrics to operational management teams along with full corporate P&L statement reporting to the company board
- Review and investigate cost discrepancies and variance analysis around labour and material costings
- Manage external relationships with auditing and regulatory bodies in meeting both legislative compliance and corporate governance guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- ACA qualification is a must and ideally from a big 4 Practice
- Previous experience within a Law enviroment is a must
- Minimum 5 years' demonstrated experience in commercial practice accounting
- Advanced Software and Microsoft Excel skills along with general SAS and ERP exposure
- Strong numeracy, literacy and analytical skills with a high standard of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline focused and high-volume labour workforce orientated role (500+ employees)
- An excellent communicator with strong leadership and negotiations skills able to motivate a team and develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in multi-site and client management reporting
- Experience in multi-site gross margin management reporting
Due to high volumes only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.