My client, a highly reputable Global Service company in central Manchester are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to report directly to the Finance Director on a full time, permanent basis in their Manchester City Centre office.
The business are passionate about what they do and have gone through severe growth in the last 6 months, which has created this new opportunity. You must be commercially minded, driven and forward thinking to continue assisting them with their growth plans.
Your main focus will be to ensure that appropriate processes and controls are operating effectively whilst in-directly managing an overseas SSC finance team.
- Business partnering with non-financial departments to assist in budget controls and analysis of costs.
- Coordinating and analysing the monthly expense and revenue forecast
- Analysis for UK legal entities including monthly, quarterly and yearly financial review. This includes enquiries on balance sheet entries, profit & loss account entries and cost centres with cost centre owners.
- Accountability for the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) financial control compliance and the related liaison with internal and external audit
- Assistance in year-end closing activities including statutory accounts preparation; audit procedures and providing information to the external auditors.
- Support to annual tax claims, through calculations and provision of information to tax consultants
- Help with payroll queries from employees, HMRC and payroll department
- Dealing with HMRC queries in relation to PAYE, VAT and corporation tax
- Relevant accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or demonstrable experience (part qualified)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, (SAP desirable)
- Ability to understand, analyse and support management accounting and management processes in international organisations
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a company who value their employees and believe in internal development. Please apply now for immediate consideration.