About the role:
We are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join our finance team in Ripon on a 12-month fixed term contract. We are looking for an experienced Accounts professional who can come in and hit the ground running working closely with an Accountant. You will be responsible for posting journals, forecasting, managing both customer and supplier rebates as well as month end accounting. You will provide excellent service to stakeholders in dealing with incoming queries about financial data and identify and drive improvements to finance processes.
You will also be responsible for:
- Manage the month end input and timetable for allocated area of responsibility
- Pro-actively identify and assist with implementation of process improvements and opportunity for value add within finance team.
- Proactively work with other finance teams in Ripon and Warwick to resolve identified issues and improve month end practices.
- Preparation of department reports within agreed deadlines.
- Completion of tasks to ensure compliance with Wolseley Base Financial Controls and audit requirements.
- Answer queries on financial data from business stakeholders.
- Assist with operational stakeholder training days. Feedback on issues from training days and put together appropriate strategy for resolution.
- Undertake balance sheet reconciliations
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in an Assistant Accountant / Accountant position.
- Good attention to detail.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues.
- Good communicator, both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
- Provides appropriate solutions to problems.
- A finance qualification would be advantageous.
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- Holiday - 23 days
- Staff discount
Wolseley UK is the country’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first-choice specialist merchant for trade customers. Wolseley Infrastructure also supply some of the UK’s biggest infrastructure projects, serving customers in four key markets: civils, utilities, power and fibre, and hire. We’re the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company with revenues of over $18 billion.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You’ll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the world’s largest specialist distributor of plumbing and heating products, you’ll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities.