Assistant Financial Controller
To provide accurate financial expertise and advice to support management decisions and long term growth for a highly complex business unit, which is defined as one which generates revenue from multiple manufacturing locations, with multiple reporting entities, product lines, processes and/or reporting requirements.
Large family run manufacture with a tremendous global presence.
- Assists the Financial Controller in preparing financial reporting, P&L and reviewing variances for business unit management
- Makes judgements, interprets and presents financial analysis in a persuasive format, providing insights and recommendations to key stakeholders to inform and influence decisions
- Serves as a financial business partner for key stakeholders within the business unit
- Manages year-end accounting and control processes to meet statutory requirements
- Oversees the preparation of monthly accounts, budgets and forecasts in a timely and accurate manner
- Produces performance indicator reports and analysis, as well as ad-hoc reports and investigations, as required by management
- Prepares and submits monthly cash flow forecasts and budgets for the business unit
- Liaises with and manages external auditors
- Appraises financial risk to inform decisions
- Appraises investment proposals associated with new products and capital expenditure
- Manages a team to develop their skills, conducts regular performance reviews and provides guidance to ensure objectives are met
With a background in Finance and ideally an accounting qualification, the successful Assistant Financial Controller will need to drive continuous improvement into all processes to aid the achievement of the business unit goals, objectives and group requirements. You will have knowledge of accounting principles and management accounts processes, as well as Excel and ideally SAP. Organised and flexible, with a good eye for detail, you can work independently or as part of a team. With the communication skills to lead people and work with senior staff, you'll be confident, professional and prepared for new challenges.
Up to £50,000