*Flexible UK Location for right candidate*
VC backed Tech/Retail/Rental company at the forefront of the industry currently in an exponential growth phase with the objective of moving towards a fund raise in the near future. The company is searching for a top-calibre Finance Director who will excel in a dynamic, profit driven and customer focused environment with a proven track record to be an influential member of the executive management team taking control of high level decision making.
The company is backed by a highly decorated VC firm with investors who have a proven track record of success in similar business', who require a likeminded FD who understands the demands and challenges that come with working in this environment and meeting the expectations of executive management and the investors.
The role requires a Finance Director, who can adapt to the growth and change in the industry and can utilise new technology and create new and different approaches to stay ahead of the market. The FD must be agile, resourceful, deliberate, and comfortable in an environment of rapid change.
- The role will be leading a rapid growth strategy to position the business as a financially attractive and valuable asset for its shareholders.
- Development of a sound financial capital plan in line with the business as an investment and meeting associated KPIs.
- Ability to partner with the business' leadership, acting as confidant, adviser and challenger to ensure the business goals, resources, and processes are appropriate and delivered.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances while evaluating profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organisation as needed.
- Generate additional commercial value into the business by means of new partnerships with other businesses.
- Gravitas and credibility to work closely alongside the Directors, Investors, Executive Management Team and with external and internal stakeholders.
A proactive, pragmatic and decisive leader, navigating the company's growth trajectory towards a planned financial event will mean an ability for both strategic and detailed operations, while the dynamic nature of the business means not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and make things happen to meet expectations. A fully qualified accountant the ideal candidate will have a track record of working within a VC/PE-backed business and working with subscription/recurring revenue services, or B2C markets will be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity to get into a rapidly growing business at an early stage and reap the benefits of it's success. Currently the Head Office is in Cardiff, but this is not fixed and will probably only need visiting a couple of times a month and in the long run operations will be set up in a location convenient for the Finance Director.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly