6 Month FTC Contract Collections Specialist role in Watford paying £25,000 per annum - Immediate Start
We are excited to announce that we are currently exclusively recruiting for 4 credit controllers for a brand new collections project in Watford. We have already recruited for 9 roles, and are now recruiting for the final 3 to complete the project team of 12, starting in September 2020.
These roles will be based in the Watford office, with strict social distancing measures in place.
Your new company
Your new company is a strong and stable business who have proven their resilience during the Covid-19 pandemic.
They are an innovative industry-leading multi-site business who have a their head office here in Watford, Hertfordshire. This company is well-established and has a large credit team to support their large B2B customer base. They have a strong work ethic and can offer long term permanent opportunities as well career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Your new role
The aim of this new project is to collect as much debt as possible, whilst also retaining good customer service. This project has arisen directly due to the Covid pandemic; you will be chasing SME customers who are currently behind on payment. You will need good customer service and negotiation skills to ensure that you can be understanding, whist still achieving payment to clear the outstanding debt.
- Monitoring and chasing debt to minimise debtor days, via phone, email and letter
- High volume outbound calling to B2B / SME debtors
- Rapport building with customers to negotiate a payment deadline
- Redirecting any queries to the support team, enabling payment/cancellation or correction
- Ensuring all progress is recorded with accuracy on the system
This is a high volume but rewarding role where you would be expected to make a high number of daily outbound calls. You will be working in team of 12 credit controllers, on a shared ledger of 13,000 live accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to be immediately available or on a 1 week's notice period
- At least 6 months solid credit control experience, within the last 12 months
- Experience in high volume outbound calling / a call centre environment
- B2B / SME customer collections experience
- You will be a team player and can work well within a medium to large sized team
- Dedicated, resilient and hard working
- Strong customer service skills to communicate with potentially vulnerable customers
- Be able to travel to the Watford office and adhere to strict social distancing measures
- Pass a DBS, supplied by Hays
- A minimum commitment of 6 months
What you'll get in return
You will be on a 6 month fixed term contract (FTC) with a generous annual salary of £25,000. You will be on the companies payroll and will be paid monthly. On your first day, you will be on-boarded onto a training programme, and will start earning money as soon as the end of the month!
Longer term permanent roles and career progression opportunities are offered for the right candidates. Free parking and easy transport links from Watford junction.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Collections Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly