Head of Commercial Finance
Head of Commercial Finance
Based near Derby, MRK Associates is recruiting for a really exciting, Private Equity backed Travel & Tourism business. Our Client has seen record growth in recent years and although recent events has introduced challenges, they are confident of future growth with bookings are already up and majority of 2020 bookings have moved to next year.
They operate in a niche but really exciting field with a turnover in excess of £200m and £20m EBITDA. They are in a position to recruit a Qualified Accountant with commercial, value add experience to join as their Head of Commercial Finance, maximising contribution by leading cross functional decision-making on pricing, capacity and marketing investment. This role will also challenge promotions and consolidation, expansion of capacity, manage risks, optimise contribution, and ensure delivery of budget and forecast performance.
This is a truly value add finance position and you will work closely with the CEO, CFO, Marketing Director & CCO, managing the budgeting and forecasting processes for revenue, direct costs, gross profit, and marketing spend.
You will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with PQE and extremely strong commercial finance skills, and ideally with prior experience within a tour operator or similar consumer-oriented travel business.
This role is an amazing opportunity for somebody who is excellent at building relationships, has proven experience of adding value through effective reporting, analysis, and modelling and who is looking for a role where they have influence over all areas of the business, including pricing, budgets, capacity, promotions and forecasting.
Duties will include:
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for revenue, direct costs, gross profit, and marketing spend
- Set capacity, pricing and promotions by itinerary
- Coordinate cross-functional development of supporting product and marketing plans
- Ensure alignment to business strategy and objectives
- Monitor trading performance, gathering and analysing relevant information and data, including pricing, capacity, sales velocity, and booking patterns, and market and customer trends
- Lead weekly trading meetings, focusing on booking velocity and load factors for fixed and variable capacity product
- Agree and implement actions, holding people to account all areas of the business, including re-pricing, promotions and consolidation/expansion of capacity, to manage risks, optimise contribution, and ensure delivery of budget and forecast performance
- Support and challenge marketing and promotional spend using robust metrics for marketing effectiveness by channel, including cost of acquisition and repeat, and customer lifetime value
- Work with marketing team to drive sales into specific itineraries and departures to improve load factors
- Own and enhance marketing attribution model to drive improved RoI
- Enhance existing KPI reporting and develop new tools to improve efficiency and quality of information for decision making
- Implement activity-based cost review of product contribution
- Ensure changes are communicated on a timely basis to marketing and reservations teams, and other relevant stakeholders
- Lead yield activity for new product development, ensuring launches are appropriately planned across Product, Marketing and Reservations teams
- Monitor and report net incremental contribution generated from yield management activity vs budget / forecast and drive actions to manage variances and deliver target performance
For more information about this role or any other Commercial Finance jobs, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
Apply for Head of Commercial Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly