FINANCE DIRECTOR (MANUFACTURING / ENGINEERING)
£80,000 - £90,000, Car, Bonus Plus Benefits
Hamilton Woods Executive Search have been retained to assist a recently acquired subsidiary of a larger group who are an award winning, multi-faceted SME Manufacturer with this key, visible and hands on "HEAD OF FINANCE" appointment. Having achieved significant growth with further plans to expand, this role will report functionally to the UK Finance Director of the sister company however be based on site supporting the General Manager and MD, ultimately becoming the Number 1 in Finance and offering support with Commercial, Operational and Supply Chain teams across the business.
- Operate as a strategic business partner to the General Manager and local management team.
- To constantly challenge the status quo and strive to improve the overall performance of the business.
- Support a business orientated, service approach to finance and the proactive provision of financial information.
- Review the metrics that govern the finance of the business and encourage a continuous improvement ethic that is supported by KPIs and introduce where required checks and balances.
- To be a catalyst in developing a "tight-knit" team ethic of the existing business as it grows in numbers and resource.
- Responsible for providing strategic financial advice to the MD and Management Team
- Provide financial and commercial input to the strategic plan, including annual budgets, periodic forecasts and funding requirements.
- Responsible for finance and controls within the Manufacturing and Sale Office facilities across UK & Europe.
- Active role in the decision making of the Manufacturing operation and being an integral member of the management team.
- Manage the finance function to act as a partner to the business, supporting and participating in decision making and driving business strategies.
- Ensure that staff within the finance function are motivated, effectively managed and training needs are identified and addressed.
- Overall responsibility for the production of the annual budget together with regular 5YP reviews and monthly forecasts.
- Production of a business plan in conjunction with the MD and other senior managers and on-going monitoring against this plan.
- Ownership of the cost control of the business to include budgetary management, active participation in the monthly review processes.
- To ensure integrity and accuracy of the financial and associated data.
- Take responsibility for the continuous improvement of the financial systems/ processes across the business.
- Ensures adherence to Group timetables and deadlines with Interaction with Divisional and Group accountants as required.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Group Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure the Manufacturing complies with all relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
- Attend site visits as required for the efficient operation of Manufacturing.
- Professionally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) accountant with considerable post qualification experience within an SME growth driven Manufacturing business
- Strong IT and systems knowledge with a skill set to effectively implement financial software projects.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in management of the budgetary process and cost control.
- A self-motivated individual with the tenacity to achieve targets and the ability to challenge at all levels, including where necessary to challenge Divisional management decisions which may compromise Group objectives
- Deadline obsessive, constant innovator, solution provider who has great system skills (Navision would be an advantage)
- Basic Salary - £80,000 to £90,000
- Car / Car Allowance
- Bonus Potential between 10% - 20%.
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays.
If the above opportunity has caught your attention and you wish to learn more! Please contact the retained advisor, Vijay Patel, Managing Director of Hamilton Woods Associates.