Senior Technical Accountant
SENIOR TECHNICAL ACCOUNTANT
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Office location: Leicester. LE19 1ES (Junction 21 of M1).
Benefits: Defined Benefit Pension Plan (pension payable at retirement 1/49th of salary for each year of service).
Hours: 37 Hours, Full Time.
Contract type: Permanent.
ESPO is one of the UK's largest Professional Buying Organisations (PBO) selling an impressive range of over 25,000 products such as stationery and office supplies, education curriculum resources, catering equipment, cleaning products and furniture. ESPO has sales of £90m, 300 employees, and sells to a wide range of customers in the public, not-for-profit and also private sectors.
The ESPO organisation has plans for a significant investment in the business, which will increase the scale and profitability of the operations going forward. ESPO’s finance department are now looking for a bright and energetic finance professional to join the finance team. The successful candidate would, over time, also be able to gain a wide range of experience and the key core skills needed for a successful finance career in a commercial organisation.
As the Senior Technical Accountant your duties will include the following:-
- Co-ordinate the production and publication of financial statements (under FRS102).
- Ensure the financial integrity of the general ledgers through regular and effective reconciliations, and implementing and reviewing internal controls.
- Documenting and understanding in detail ESPO’s accounting systems and processes.
- Be part of the team which produces monthly management accounts, Budgets, forecasts and analyses. Manage a project to move management accounts production onto a full FRS102 basis.
- To keep up to date with relevant financial and legislative developments ensuring compliance across ESPO.
- Manage the production of quarterly VAT returns, liaise with HMRC and provide taxation advice.
- Work directly with the Finance Director on special projects e.g.
- Managing the merger of two small subsidiary companies.
- Suggest improvements in departmental structure to improve efficiency.
- Ad hoc analysis projects.
- ACA. For example, could suit a recently qualified ACA looking for a first move into industry.
- A good academic record (both A-levels and degree).
- Good computer skills – particularly Excel.
- The role will involve working closely with the Finance Director and Head of Finance and so will be 100% office-based and not home-working (subject to any COVID related regulations).
- Website: www.espo.org/Home
To apply please send your CV along with your covering letter to Carolyn Knapp on: firstname.lastname@example.org