Head of Operational Compliance
A dynamic business which is expanding both organically and through frequent acquisitions is looking to hire a Head of Operational Compliance. Based in Cheshire, this is a full-time, permanent role leading financial risk and compliance matters.
With EBITDA approaching £50m, you will provide practical support and assistance to the business and promote best practice and compliance. The role will support the development of standard operating procedures, provide audit and compliance checks in key areas within operations and sales divisions, lead investigations into non-compliance issues and provide guidance and training to ensure that policies and processes are embedded and followed.
As the Head of Operational Compliance you will:
- Work with the Head of Management Assurance to develop and refine the client’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identify areas for refinement or continuous improvement.
- Develop a targeted risk and control matrix to map risks against probability, exposure and mitigation, and identify the most appropriate risk owner.
- Perform audits to confirm effectiveness of controls and ensure that risks are mitigated as fully as possible.
- Promote compliance transparency across the operations and sales functions.
- Lead and manage investigation into compliance, fraud and other related compliance concerns.
- Create investigation reports for senior management, the compliance committee and external legal counsel as appropriate.
- Close and timely collaboration with internal stakeholders.
The Head of Operational Compliance will be either a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with an Internal Audit / Business Process Improvement background or a non-finance compliance professional. You must also demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills
- Good business partnering skills
- Previous exposure to process engineering (ideally)
Salary & Benefits
In return you will be offered:
- £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Car allowance
This is an outstanding career opportunity which offers high calibre candidates the opportunity and autonomy to exercise their compliance capabilities in a fast-paced high growth business. Apply today to find out more about the Head of Operational Compliance role.