A well-established business based in Bury, Greater Manchester, is seeking a newly qualified Management Accountant (or someone soon to qualify) to join its finance team for a full-time, permanent role which offers progression and development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, quick to learn and able to work autonomously. This role is critical to the growth and development of the finance function and the business therefore seeks someone who would look to develop into the FC role in the next 2-3 years.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller and supporting the wider accounting team, you will oversee all Management and Statutory Accounting duties and will pick up ad-hoc and project work as the business evolves. Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include:
- Preparation and reporting of accurate and timely management accounts with appropriate analysis and commentary where required.
- Ensuring balance sheets and cashflows are accurate and reconciled.
- Assisting with the board pack preparation.
- Assisting with annual budget preparation and analysis against budget.
- Picking up and running with ad-hoc project work, potentially acquisitions.
- Representing the finance team with Home and Operations management teams on all finance matters including variances to budget on a periodic basis.
- Assisting in the year end audit including consolidations and supporting schedules.
- Assisting in the preparation corporation tax calculations.
- Assisting the finance function on all commercial matters, financial analysis and modelling, working closely with the FC and CFO.
Experience & Skill Requirements
Applications are invited from nearly or newly qualified ACA, ACCA and CIMA Accountants who demonstrate:
- Experience working within Management Accounts (2-3 years minimum)
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Navision (highly beneficial)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions
- A confident manner and proactive approach to communicating with teams in the wider business
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Enthusiasm, focus and a positive attitude
On offer for the Management Accountant will be £38,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus competitive benefits and excellent progression opportunities.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent Management Accountant position, please apply today.