Assistant Finance Business Partner
Assistant Finance Business Partner
Based in Uxbridge, Middlesex, our client is an international, well-established yet growing company looking for an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone who has commenced onto a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and who has 1-2 years' experience in a finance related role, ideally having dealt with P&L's. The job will involve maximising commercial opportunities across the business as well as preparing, reviewing and analysing monthly results, forecasts and budgets. The Assistant Finance Business Partner will also collaborate with other teams and departments to provide support when required. Excellent individuals graduating with a numerical degree may also be considered.
This business works and manages more than 200,000 clients worldwide with offices in over 50 countries globally. The company provide excellent exposure within an international business and an opportunity to progress over time.
The successful individual will have a basic understanding of accounting principles and will be eager to progress and develop further. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with great Excel skills; including Pivot tables and Vlookups. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a varied workload is essential as is the ability to influence and develop string stakeholder relationships.
Duties will include:
- Holistic view of each contract / branch including monitoring of other departments' metrics such as operational performance, DSO & debt difficulties and then influencing the business, client or head office teams where appropriate to make improvements
- Business partners work as financial controllers for their areas of responsibility alongside the operational managers, working as the "FD" to the operational manager as "MD"
- Taking personal responsibility for certain divisions or regions, ensuring understanding of all staffing divisions to be able to provide cover as required within the team
- Work with Operational Managers to help them understand their region's financial performance, providing onsite financial training to contract and branch managers and sharing best practice
- Take a holistic view of all aspects of financial performance including provisions in the balance sheet, DSO and debt issues, highlighting risks to Operations Directors and senior finance
- Produce and analyse the regular reports for the divisions
- Understand variances together with explanations and solutions to those variances where applicable
- Challenge forecasts and budgets with operational staff to explore potential growth areas and risks to maximising profit
- Work with the Operations Directors to provide suitable analysis, KPIs and commentaries to meet Board expectations
- Present Operations' rationale behind forecast and budget numbers and demonstrate where you have challenged as necessary
- Assist the Financial Control and Contracts & Pricing teams with the production of management accounting information
For more information about this role or any other Assistant Finance Business Partner jobs in Uxbridge, Middlesex, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability