Management accountant - Temporary contract
You will be working as part of a Finance team and be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts. This role is a backfilling a management accountant while they are away from the business. You will be involved in all aspects of the accounts production to ensure all elements are completed within the time available and deadlines are met. The role also provides the opportunity to continue to develop an efficient reporting process and to provide support to the business in decision making.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working as part of a team responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, for multiple group companies, to tight deadlines.
- Review and explanation of variances to trend, budget and forecast.
- Maintenance and update of standard costs.
- Management of annual physical stock take and cycle count process.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets and support development of 5 year Strategic Plan, for multiple group companies.
- Supporting commercial decisions with ad hoc analysis.
- Development of new and improvement of existing accounts processes to drive efficiencies in management accounts production and month end reporting.
- Provide support to internal/external audits
To be successful you are likely to be a qualified accountant or a qualified by experience.
The role is accessible from Nottingham; Alfreton; Chesterfield and Leicester.