Manager / Senior Manager
Manager / Senior Manager role within Accountancy Practice in Royston.
- Oversee and manage clients' accounts, tax and value-added services assignments, to include monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Assist in the management of the overall team on a day to day basis;
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take-on procedures to include the preparation of accounts and tax returns for companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals;
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients;
- Provision of general tax advice to clients;
- You will be expected to be able to write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by partners for use with clients and other relevant third parties;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff (includes ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees)
- Work as part of the management team on issues such as resources planning, staff retention, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments to ensure continued excellent services with the client
Education and Work Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent preferably with 3 or more years' post-qualification experience in an accountancy practice
- Proven client relationship skills
- Broad accounts and tax knowledge with the ability to advise clients directly
- Proficient at Microsoft office especially Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages e. IRIS, Xero, Sage, QuickBooks etc
- Experience of managing client assignments
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Career progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.