Interim Investment Reporting Accountant (part-time)
Our client is a Family Investment Office which requires a diligent and motivated qualified accountant to undertake a 12 month contract with responsibility for providing insightful analysis and reporting of Family Office investments. (Prior experience of investment reporting is not required).
The role can be worked flexibly within 28 hours/week – hence could be 4 full days/week or alternatively 9:30am – 4pm 5 days/week. At present the role will be working from home with occasional visits to the office in Chester.
Reporting to the Tax and Investment Reporting Manager this is an interesting role whose key responsibilities include the following:-
- To prepare accurate and timely periodic information, analysis and reports in connection with Family Office investments for the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Manager.
- To ensure relevant Family Office finance colleagues are provided with accurate and timely asset analysis and valuations for inclusion in budgets, plans, cash flows, management and year end accounts.
- To prepare management and statutory accounts for Private Equity vehicles.
- To manage the Private Equity vehicles’ cash, ensuring sufficient funds available to meet capital calls and to ensure funds are transferred on a timely basis.
- To deal with KYC and Anti-money laundering requests relating to the investments.
The role requires a self motivated qualified accountant who works to high personal standards. Key attributes include:-
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years post qualification practical accounting experience. Specific knowledge of investment accounting is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Practical experience of financial systems and proficiency with Microsoft applications (including strong Excel skills).
- Well organised, with an enquiring mind and ability to prioritise, plan and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and with external advisers.
This is a 12 month part-time contract. Applicants should ideally be available to start within 2 weeks.