A large, international and market leading business seeks to appoint a competent and experienced Management Accountant for a full-time, permanent role in Skelmersdale, Lancashire. Reporting to the Financial Controller and working within a busy accounts function, the requisition for additional resource is a direct result of an increased workload.
Your New Role
Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include:
- Assisting in the smooth and timely running of the monthly close cycle across the group
- Preparation of management accounts, providing full commentary and analysis
- Updating accruals and prepayments spreadsheets.
- Delivery of the month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure the group and operating subsidiaries comply with applicable to accounting standards
- Contributing to the annual budgeting and reforecasting process through preparation of budgets and submissions to Group
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual statutory and quarterly regulatory reporting obligations of the group
- Submission of VAT return in line with HMRC guidelines
- Working with external and internal audit to ensure all audit requirements are met in accordance with the timetables of the European entities
- Proactively identifying opportunities to streamline and improve current processes
- Assisting in design and embedding of additional accounting controls
Working as part of a busy, friendly and supportive business unit, the Management Accountant will gain immediate exposure of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be given full autonomy to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, identifying areas of improvement and implementing / improving existing processes.
We are looking to speak with qualified Accountants who demonstrate:
- Experience in a Management Accountant role
- Confident, technical competence and an inquisitive approach
- Excellent time management
- Experience of presenting financial information to senior management
- Experience working in a larger business and of using an ERP system and Excel to an advanced level is advantageous
On offer for the Management Accountant is £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent Management Accountant role, please apply now.