T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Group Accountant for a long established and highly successful manufacturing group that has annual turnover in excess of £100m. This role is ideally suited to a qualified accountant seeking their first or second 'post qualified’ move.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will undertake a broad and challenging role where you will be part of a small Head Office finance team - so you can be assured of gaining some great experience and further developing your skills. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure the accuracy of group consolidation process and that all information is accurate and reported to the required timeframes, including the inter-company reconciliation process
- Support the Group Financial Controller in preparing the group financial statements and tax calculations
- Maintain and develop the group consolidation software
- Maintain and develop the group accounting manual
- Support the audit process and production of published financial statements
- Support group treasury requirements
- Ensure all new accounting standards are analysed for impact on the group and implemented across all group companies, providing appropriate training and support
- Manage the statutory accounts process for relevant companies
- Manage the corporation tax compliance process for relevant companies
- Ensure that the group transfer pricing policy is maintained and applied for intra-group transactions, especially cross-border transactions
- Maintain statutory registers and tax authorities reporting requirements
- Develop and undertake internal audits of companies within the group to ensure compliance with group policies
To be successful as Group Accountant you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Ideally a graduate, but as a minimum holding "A" level qualification.
- The ideal candidate will be looking for their first or second move into industry or have experience of working in a group head office function.
- Good technical accounting skills ideally gained within an accountancy / audit practice. Must be familiar with IFRS
- A quick learner with high expectations and personal standards - with a passion to get things right and able to work to tight deadlines!
- Articulate, inquisitive and commercially astute
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- IT literate including strong Excel skills
- Able to travel to visit group companies, UK and international
The company will provide a competitive salary, £50,000 to £55,000 and benefits package including pension and a great opportunity to make a positive difference whilst also developing your technical and interpersonal skills. To apply please forward your CV with details of your current salary and benefits.
Due to high to the high volume of applications we are receiving we are unable to respond to each candidate personally. If you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately your application will not have been successful.