Finance Business Partner
Your new company
The Money and Pensions Service vision is everyone making the most of their money and pensions. This newly formed organisation brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
Your new role
You will provide business leaders with financial insight enabling them to achieve the best outcomes for citizens. The Finance Business Partner will have personal responsibility for distinct areas of MaPS's business directorates, acting as the lead contact for that business and providing support to the directorate to deliver against their in-year forecasts, whilst building robust and credible future budgets Some key duties of the role include:
- Leading in the provision of consistent, robust, and professional business partnering support to business directorates.
- Supporting and influence key operational and strategic decisions for business directorates.
- Providing challenge to directorates to ensure in year forecasts are robust and achievable.
- Providing insight to the business including, Head of Teams, Directors and Executive Leadership Team, on business performance, the change Portfolio, and all operational and business planning activities.
- Significant input into the development of robust and credible future year forecasts and budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant with experience of providing finance business partnering services to senior stakeholders and influencing decisions. You will have experience of developing robust and credible forecasts and budgets and have strong excel skills. You must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed onto a fixed term contract for 5 months paying circa £62,500 per annum. The organisation is currently working remotely.
We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and are committed to having a team representative of the diverse characteristics and experiences of the population we're working to ensure make the most of their money and pensions now, and in future generations.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.