Widnes, Cheshire (with up to six days per month at one of our depot locations)
Our client, a long standing and successful global logistics provider, has an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team based in Widnes.
As a Management Accountant, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the management accounts and financial analysis for the group’s tankers division, which provides specialist logistics services across the UK.
Working alongside the Senior Management Accountant and Divisional Financial Controller, this role will be responsible for the production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and weekly P&L for a number of the group’s depots, garages and contracts.
Experience of logistics is not a pre-requisite for the role, but it does require a part-qualified accountant or someone with some accounting experience who is confident working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be given plenty of support, but is expected to be a self-starter who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone to Operational Managers or other people in the business and get information from them.
Established in 1926, our client is an innovative, global logistics business. Employing over 1,000 people worldwide and with £190 million in sales, their global network includes 31 locations across Asia, 5 locations throughout Europe, plus 32 sites in the UK, 5 locations in the Middle East and 4 locations in the Americas. They have a fleet of 8,000 tank containers, 500 trucks, and 700 trailers. They carry out 170,000+ shipments per year - that equates to a delivery every 3 minutes!
In the UK, our client’s road tanker division operates a nationwide road tanker fleet which has been successfully serving the fuels, gases, chemicals and food sectors for over 60 years, and is the largest chemical transporter in the UK.
The successful applicant will:
- Be part-qualified or keen to study towards an accounting qualification (ACMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Have experience working in Excel
- Have the ability to meet challenging and multiple deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills along with being a team player
- Be a confident communicator who is happy picking up the phone or going to see operational staff to gather information
- Be a team player who is happy to take on work to assist the team
- Be a fast learner of systems and processes
- Production of weekly P&L and monthly management accounts for a number of key depots, garages or contracts across the business
- Ownership of the financials for a number of our client’s depots, developing a detailed understanding of the revenue and costs for these locations
- Accounting for the division’s fleet and accounting for the costs associated with this, ensuring these are charged to the correct cost centres
- Maintaining spreadsheet reconciliations for key cost areas such as fuel, payroll or other significant cost areas
- Posting a number of month end journals, adjustments and accruals
- Responsibility for some of the division’s key balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad-hoc analysis to drive profitability and improve reporting of results and KPIs across the business
- Working with Operational Managers to help them understand their numbers and drive results
- Preparation of information for the group’s year-end audit and assisting the auditors with their requests
- Fixed asset additions/disposals and reconciliation of the WIP balance sheet
- Involvement in the annual budgeting process
In return, you will receive a salary of between £26,000 - £31,000 pa. You will also benefit from a company pension scheme, paid holidays (25 days + 8 bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, tech scheme, study support, and the opportunities that come with a strong, established and growing company.
In addition, our client provides every UK employee with access to a Perks scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme and reward platform. The Perks scheme provides discounts to 100s of top name brands, high street offers, and holidays, as well as employee wellbeing and support.
This role will be based in our client’s Widnes Head Office but will require 4-6 days per month to be spent in one of their depot locations. All travel costs and mileage for this are reimbursed.
They’re looking to move quickly on this role so please ensure you read the requirements, have the relevant experience and complete the application process in full.
Our client hopes to see you soon.
Please note, all offers of employment are subject to valid Right to Work documentation, completion of a Basic DBS check and Drug and Alcohol screening prior to start.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
Other organisations may call this role Accountant, Part-Qualified Accountant, Accounts Clerk, or Financial Accountant.
Those from an Accounts, Accountancy, Accounting, Finance, or Financial background are encouraged to apply.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Management Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.