European Finance Manager
Qualified European Finance Manager for a established company based in Rugby.
Hays are delighted to be supporting manufacturing and distribution business based in Rugby who are market leaders in their niche field and continue to enjoy strong growth.
Your new role
Reporting to the European Head of Finance the key duties are listed below. This is a newly created position and offers significant autonomy.
- Oversee the financial control and business partnering of the UK finance function on a day to day basis.
- Identify profit opportunities for the business including but not limited to revenue stream, productivity improvement, expense reduction as part of effective business partnering.
- Provide clear, concise and objective reporting of monthly management accounts of UK entities to Head of European Finance.
- Responsible for statutory audit and maintaining full compliance with all legal, tax and regulatory requirements for UK entities.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders to support and add value to the decision making process.
- Implement and drive business improvement initiatives, challenging the norm and implementing change in routine reporting and culture to streamline activities.
- Other ad-hoc finance duties including working with stakeholders from non finance roles
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a fully Qualified Accountant, ideally with some experience in either manufacturing or distribution. You will be a hands on candidate who is comfortable working with minimal supervision whilst also reporting into a wider group structure. You will have a proven track record delivering results, improving process whilst maintaining strong financial controls.
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a very interesting and varied organisation with the chance to develop and effectively become the UK Controller whilst reporting into a wider group. The company will offer a generous salary with excellent career progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.