Finance Manager (4 days per week)
This fantastic business distributes highly specialised products to trade customers throughout the UK. Aiming to reach £5m turnover in the next few years they operate with a relaxed yet hard working culture.
Due to impending retirement they would now like to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to oversee all accounting matters within the business, provide improved MI to aid decision making and implement robust controls to support expansion. It is envisaged that this will be a four day a week position. Reporting to the MD this position will form part of the senior team and will involve working closely with operations, sales and purchasing to ensure the continued success and profitability of the business. Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- P&L and balance sheet reconciliation, analysis and interpretation.
- Reporting on and managing cash flow, preparation of forecasts
- Driving and improving the budgeting and planning process
- Analysis of sales and margins at a customer / product level
- Sales and purchase ledger duties
- Assisting with stock control and valuation
- Preparation of the statutory accounts and audit liaison
- Ensure the completion of payroll, VAT and foreign currency management
- Improving finance systems and processes to drive out inefficiency
The Finance Manager will be a stand-alone position so the ideal candidate must be prepared to be very hands on to ensure the day to day transactions are recorded and accurately accounted for. A key requirement will also be the ability to communicate effectively with the wider business to discuss financial results and any process change requirements. The ideal candidate for the position would be an experienced accountant looking to join a friendly, growing business in an exciting, vibrant sector. The role offers the flexibility to work from home part of the week and the candidate will receive 25-30k per annum for four days a week.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!