Head of Strategic Finance
Head of Strategic Finance
Competitive Salary + Benefits
The RSK Group is seeking a Head of Strategic Finance to take on a full-time, permanent role in Helsby, Cheshire.
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain the most talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
RSK has recently undertaken a period of rapid growth through acquisition acquiring 20 businesses in the last two years and has strategic plans to continue to increase in size significantly over the next 5 years.
RSK Group has over 4,000 employees and operates from 140 offices in 26 countries in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
This Head of Finance Role
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Accountant with a proactive / can-do attitude for a permanent senior role reporting directly into the Group Finance Director. Working as part of an experienced financial team, the Head of Strategic Finance will lead key strategic finance projects within the Group and on a day to day basis assist the Group Finance Director with the financial oversight of the Group.
Key duties of the Head of Strategic Finance will include:
- Leading a data warehousing project for the Group, liaising closely with the IT & Business Systems teams to deliver a fundamental change to financial data management.
- Working with the Financial Reporting Team to further develop and streamline the production of KPIs and Financial Reporting.
- Managing the R&D Tax Credit process for the Group, working closely with external advisors and internal management.
- Production and presentation of ad-hoc financial reports and models, as well as management reports and Board papers.
- Advising and working with the operational and finance teams on financial matters, both in the UK and internationally.
- Leading the development of working capital management and reporting.
- Providing support to other members of the Group Finance team on various projects/workstreams, acting as an adviser where necessary and sharing knowledge/experience.
- Providing financial expertise and support during the assessment and submission of tenders.
- Undertaking other ad-hoc financial projects as required.
- Liaising and working with key funding partners, to satisfy various reporting requirements.
- Working with the M&A team, assisting in the acquisition process and the subsequent onboarding of acquisitions.
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to drive change and influence at a senior level, within a dynamic and fast-moving entrepreneurial business.
The newly appointed Head of Strategic Finance will be a commercially minded qualified Accountant, able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the financial drivers of a consulting business. You will have worked in a similar role before and be passionate about leading the improvement of the financial management processes and procedures of the business. You will have strong IT and systems skills.
Key Experiences / Attributes
- Accounting qualification - ideally ACA, CIMA or ACCA with previous experience in a Senior Finance role.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Highly IT literate and systems minded.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (SQL/VB an advantage).
- Experience of Power BI (or similar), SharePoint, Power Automate advantageous.
- Experience of working in a consultancy or professional services business preferred.
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Up to date Accounting and technical knowledge.
- Confident and credible with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong personal and communication skills – able to lead, influence and drive change through diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Agile and Resilient – Ability to multi-task is essential and able to work under pressure.
- Methodical and organised with good time management skills.
- Work to a high level of accuracy and with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to act as a true team player, stepping-in where required and willing to “roll sleeves up”.
- Willing to travel in the UK and Internationally.
- Foreign language skills advantageous but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
On offer for the Head of Strategic Finance will be:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- The option to buy additional holidays
- Payroll giving
- Cycle to work
- Private healthcare
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and informal management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. Retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure that you, as our new Head of Strategic Finance, maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2019) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
If you want to find out more or be considered for this Head of Strategic Finance post, please apply today.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer