Group Financial Controller
Our private equity backed client is implementing its exciting strategy to diversify its business model and create a global multi-channel food & hospitality group with a strong presence in the UK, North America and Canada. Employing 3,000 staff they expect additional growth, both organic and via acquisition to enable them to continue to enhance their B2B and B2C offerings. As part of their ambitious plans they now seek to hire an ambitious, results focused Group Financial Controller with the experience and track record to create a “first in-class’ group finance function and keen to be part of an exit driven, Private Equity backed agenda.
This is a key leadership role, responsible for shaping and delivering the full spectrum of finance activity across the group. You will deliver a robust reporting/control environment, business partnering with the CFO to achieve the Group’s strategic priorities. The role has end to end ownership over all areas of finance including reporting, FP&A, tax, treasury and business partnering. Reporting directly to the CFO, this would suit an experienced finance professional looking for PE, M&A and transaction experience, with the desire to progress to CFO.
- Develop the group consolidated reporting and forecasting, initial focus on timely and accurate production of Management accounts, KPIs and bank reporting.
- Process re-engineering the finance team/reporting to meet needs of group/investors and in anticipation of future scale.
- Complete installation of Navision group wide, and for integrations of future acquisitions
- Review & improve team capability & reporting
- Lead on project work focused on enhancing controls at head office and in the divisions
- Understand the performance drivers across the Group and challenge the risks & opportunities to delivering forecast.
- Manage the preparation of Board packs and presentations.
- Lead and manage the planning & budgeting process across Group for the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and all key KPIs. Assist the Group CFO to challenge the strategy, plan and budgets.
- Manage the monthly MI, P&L, balance sheet and cashflow reporting process, including consolidation processes across the Group (including one-offs reporting, risk management reporting, initiative reporting in P&L/KPIs).
- Maintain a robust financial control environment, ensuring that risks are adequately mitigated with appropriate controls and processes are constantly challenged.
- Take ownership of financial processing (i.e. accounts payable, credit control, etc.) to deliver best in class service levels and efficient transaction processing.
- Ensure the group has clear cash flow targets and deliver cash initiatives that optimise the working capital cycle.
- Lead and support the training and development for the UK and Group Finance Teams (currently 15) and divisional teams overseas. Cultivate and promote a culture of excellence across the team and wider business.
- Support due diligence processes within the business, from both a buy-side and sell-side perspective.
- Assist CFO with meeting needs of senior team and all external parties – PE house, NEDs, banks and auditors.
- You will be a qualified accountant, ideally with big 4 practice experience.
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet continuous deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the company and the private equity investor.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative
- Cashflow, Working Capital & balance sheet/covenant forecasting
- Experience as a Financial Controller, where focus has been on control and process improvement
- Due Diligence, Transaction, M&A, PE experience beneficial.
- Experience of working in fast moving environments
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.