Audit Senior/Junior Manager
Progressive opportunity for a qualified Audit Senior looking to gain more responsibility in a role that offers development and growth. Scope for Equity Partner for the right candidate who is determined to hit the ground running and become a senior audit professional.
Michael Page are partnering with a leading independent practice looking to recruit an Audit Senior/Junior Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their Audit team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth based from their office on the edge of Cardiff (with easy access from the M4 motorway). With seven partners and circa forty staff, the firm services a very wide-ranging client base across varying sectors throughout South Wales. These clients range in size from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the partners are looking to expand the team with this qualified senior audit candidate. The successful individual will carve an influential role, playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every partner has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Senior/Junior Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients - manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm.
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high-quality client service.
- Supervising a small team - lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team.
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings.
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client.
- Some assignments may require travel.
- Ability to project manage to meet deadlines and budget constraints.
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client's needs, their business and key risks.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit Senior/Junior Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Technically capably in audit and financial reporting.
- ACCA/ACA equivalent professional qualification or several years of experience.
- Some IFRS experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and new UK GAAP.
- Knowledge of group accounts desirable.
- Broad range audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions.
- Strong team-working skills.
- Experience of supervising and developing staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to take responsibility and use initiative.
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm.
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
Competitive salary, bonus.
Progression and development.
Scope for Partner.