Group Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by one of our newest clients, a market leading and niche service provider based in the Warrington area, as they look to recruit an ambitious Qualified Accountant looking to fast track their career to Finance Manager or Financial Controller. The business has recorded consistent sustained growth and now seeks a candidate with the appetite to develop themselves to complement further strategic growth.
Reporting to a down to earth and supportive Finance Director, the Group Accountant will take full ownership on managing the month end process, providing support to the Finance Director, ensuring the timely production of accurate management information and the smooth running of the finance department.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary for Joint Venture companies, may require attendance at operational meetings.
- Preparation of monthly client statements.
- Preparation year-end service charge accounts.
- Preparation of monthly finance reports for inclusion in board papers.
- Review of nominal, sales and purchase ledgers.
- Preparation and review of control accounts
- Provision of reports to other departments within the Division and to Group.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- Assisting with maintenance of the internal control environment.
- Supporting the annual budget process.
- Assist with the preparation of annual statutory accounts, audit and tax packs.
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidated management and statutory accounts.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required by the FD consistent with role and experience.
- Attendance at meetings as required, may at times be required to substitute for Finance Director.
This role would suit an ambitious, qualified Management Accountant who is keen/ready to progress their career within an agile SME business. The role would suit either a practice trained Qualified Accountant, looking for their 1st / 2nd move or; a technically astute Management Accountant with a keen eye for detail and strong financial accounting experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to perform an all-encompassing role that will provide a sound platform for the candidate to develop a pathway to Financial Controller within a couple of years.
Our client is keen to speak self-motivated, high achieving finance professionals who are looking to fast track their own careers, whilst possessing a real passion for process improvement.