Position: Financial Controller (9-month fixed term contract)
Company location: Burton upon Trent
Location: predominantly working from home with some office time required in a COVID-secure environment
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum pro-rata
Working hours: 30 hours per week, core hours Mon-Fri 10am-2pm with flexibility around remaining 10 hours
About the role
An established B2B digital media group based in the heart of Burton on Trent, having recently completed an MBO, is now looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to help support their ambitious growth plans.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Finance & Technology Director.
Your duties will include
- Alongside the FD, oversee the accounting for the Group on a day to day basis
- Prepare group consolidated Accounts for Management and Statutory Purposes
- Process Supplier Invoices, make supplier payments
- Manage cash flow at company and group level.
- Make improvements to all systems and processes, including accounting and payroll systems
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Alongside the FD, develop budgets and financial plans for the Group Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Preparation of payroll for employed staff and management salaries
- Prepare Group VAT Returns
- Alongside the FD, ensure statutory fillings are completed on time including changes to the statutory books and records
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- ACCA or CIMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP, accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Good organisational qualities, with ability to prioritise & work to strict deadlines
Our benefits package includes a pension scheme, 28 days of annual leave and access to a secure car park. Office culture is very important to the business and team building activities and social events take place throughout the year.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly