Financial Controller – for CAN, a specialist engineering contractor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Available for immediate start - open to permanent or contract candidates.
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK. Using specialist and rope access techniques, CAN provides innovative solutions to challenging engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. https://www.can.ltd.uk/
We have opportunity available for a Financial Controller to join CAN to provide overall financial management of both CAN companies, working with RSK group where appropriate.
This Financial Controller Role:
- To report to the board and the wider RSK group on the overall financial performance of the companies including forecasting and identification of developing risks.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- To assist the board and act in the best interests of the company in relation to all HSQE, legal and financial matters.
- Day to day oversight of the finance department.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Board or RSK Group’s senior management.
- Provide leadership to the Board's finance strategy to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic positioning.
- Ensure that company’s financial systems, policies and procedures are robust, legally compliant and fit for purpose.
- Be the first point of contact between RSK group and CAN on all finance related matters
- Oversee all financial control systems including audit.
- Provide support to other departments to ensure robust financially informed decision making across the business.
- Ensure compliance with all RSK Group SHEQ policies
Experience and skills required for this Financial Controller position:
- Ideally CIMA qualified.
- 5 years post qualification experience
- Candidate has management experience, ideally of a diverse team and ideal candidate would have experience in both management and leadership roles.
- Experience of developing strategy and planning desirable.
- Extremely strong excel skills required, ideally with proven experience relation to SQL linked data sources/Power BI or similar.
- Proven experience in developing reporting systems and in accounting system implementation
- Strong cash control/finance/tax heavy/compliance or Audit based backgrounds are all areas that are not so useful
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geo-environmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff - full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company, we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us. To apply for this Financial Controller position please click apply below now, where you will be redirected to our webste to continue your application.