Payroll Officer role
Flexible Working hours/Working from Home
Attractive Salary and Benefits
You will be working within a busy vibrant office working within a team of Specialists. The Purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth running of a complex payroll and assist with projects as the company grows.
You will be reporting to the Payroll Manager within an established payroll team. Main duties will include:
- Extract weekly timesheet data from Time & Attendance system
- Review weekly timesheets for required signatures, week-ending dates and duplication of timesheet submissions
- Process new starter and leaver payroll information in a timely manner
- Calculate the hours worked as per manual timesheet and company entitlements for all employees including travel distances and travel fares, sick pay, paternity/maternity/ adoption pay, holiday pay and redundancy
- Ensure tax code changes, student loans arrangements and attachment of earnings are entered onto the system within given timelines
- Process the payroll on a weekly basis by entering the information onto the payroll system ensuring all entries have been checked
- Prepare the BACS report and BACS transmission
- Administer pensions in line with Auto Enrolment legalisation and company procedures ensuring information is downloaded to the pension provider.
- With set timelines arrange BACS requests in respect Attachment of Earnings for payment to relevant bodies
- Ensure all statutory updates are made within given deadlines
- Produce and maintain accurate records including payroll reports, overtime spreadsheets and sick / statutory sick pay records
- Email payslips to weekly / monthly paid employees in line with pay dates
- Ensure all 3rd party forms (e. benefits claims) are completed within set timelines
- Manage and resolve all HMRC queries
- Process cost queries from the Commercial Team for operatives / employees allocated to specific contract costs
- Within set timelines prepare monthly wage journals and additional relevant journals
- The ability to manage and to work well as part of a team, Take a very hands-on approach, Work well to deadlines, Excellent communication skills ,Effective time management
- Have experience working in a busy payroll office, ideally with over 2 years' experience.
- Knowledge of Payroll Software
- Working towards CIPP would be desirable although not essential.
Salary will depend on experience, 25 days plus bank holiday, various other benefits (death in service, pension match 5%, Health Plan.
Flexible Working Hours to suit and also a chance to Work from Home