Head of Tax
Head of Tax | Circa £100,000 - £130,000 + Suite of Benefits (Car Allowance, Bonus, Comprehensive Healthcare, Pension etc) | Central London
This is a superb opportunity for a talented senior tax professional looking to join a group that will make you feel rewarded, empowered, challenged and able to make a difference.
You’ll join the experienced and aspirational leadership team of FTSE 250 Group experiencing growth both in the UK and international markets. The business has an enviable range of high profile and longstanding customer relationships and innovative products and services that have seen them attain a market leading and award winning position in their sector.
You will take the lead in Tax supporting the Group FD and CFO. You will manage a highly engaged and experienced small team of Tax Managers with a specific geographic focus currently.
Your remit will encompass all aspects of tax with a strong emphasis on ensuring full compliance and the development of robust, commercially astute and appropriate tax risk management strategies.
You’ll work closely with the senior leadership team including CFO (UK based) and have chance to really make a proactive difference in a pivotal and varied group role.
The key areas of focus in short surround strategic and hands-on ownership of the compliance and planning across Corporation Tax, VAT & Customs.
You’ll have the autonomy and trust to allow you to proactively drive positive change where required and you will enjoy a broad and high profile role within a group that can offer major scope to progress, a high degree of job security and interesting project involvement alongside the business as usual.
They are investing in further progress and success and you will enjoy working in a collaborative senior finance leadership team.
Some of the things you’ll own;
- Hands-on review of the control and risk framework to implement the Group’s Tax Strategy with a strong emphasis on full compliance.
- Day to day management of the Group’s Tax function (a small team of managers in the UK and overseas) providing guidance and coaching where required.
- Final technical review of the Group’s direct and indirect tax returns for submission to HMRC.
- Preparation of the Group’s Year End and Interim tax accounts including direct liaison with the Group Finance Team.
- Handling ad-hoc projects (business led or through change in tax law) demonstrating the ability to work and communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels.
- Providing clear tax advice to assist non-tax operational colleagues demonstrating commercial awareness as well as technical expertise.
- Fostering and maintaining professional relationships internally and externally (auditors, advisors, HMRC).
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- A genuine can-do attitude is key - this is a role for someone proactive, confident and self motivated who loves making a positive impact.
- Ideally you will be CTA / ACA and have began your career within a Top 10 setting.
- You will have proven post-qualification experience in industry ideally at a supervisory level and ideally within a reasonably complex PLC / Group.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of tax risk and controls.
- The ability to guide and manage colleagues in the tax department.
- Some awareness / experience of international tax would be highly beneficial as the group has significant subsidiaries overseas.
If you would like to be considered for the Head of Tax role in London, please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct for further information .