Marks Sattin are delighted to be working in Exclusive Partnership with Bettys to help appoint a new Finance Director.
Location: Harrogate | Salary: Competitive Package
With a long history spanning from 1919 – 2020, Bettys is known today for it’s dainty fancies, smart interiors and continental-inspired menus which echoes Swiss history. Their Craft Bakery in Harrogate is described as a little corner of Switzerland in Yorkshire. Bettys pride themselves on the skills of the craftspeople, who use the finest ingredients to create handcrafted treats. A visit to Bettys Cookery School would prove how we share our skills and our passion for cooking beyond our bakery with the rest of the world. All six of our cafés in Yorkshire allow you to try a taste of the county without leaving its borders – a Yorkshire Curd Tart in Northallerton, a Fat Rascal at Stonegate, a cup of Tea Room Blend in Harrogate, with a world class mail to order service so we can share our delights with everyone far and wide.
To lead the Bettys Finance function, driving strong business performance through the delivery of first class financial expertise and commercial thinking. To challenge thinking and ensuring the provision of information which enables performance improvement and the achievement of business objectives, whilst ensuring company and statutory compliance, alongside an appropriate balancing of our values.
To be an active and influential member of the Bettys Leadership Team, being part of the achievement of the Bettys business strategy.
- Influence, contribute to and support the creation of the Bettys Future Picture
- Provide exceptional commercial analysis and insight as well as have a broad contribution and take an active interest in all aspects of the running of Bettys
- Lead and embed the Bettys finance strategy to optimise financial performance and the strategic position
- Act as the Financial Business partner to the MD and Leadership team and review management information to achieve a strong and sustainable business
- Ensure robust financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and make sure there are adequate and appropriate financial controls in place
- Lead, develop and motivate the Bettys Finance team, ensure a strong performance and engagement through appropriate structures, processes, working practices and communication
- Endorse our approach to learning and development to ensure a pipeline of talented finance professionals are being developed for the future
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new growth opportunities such as NPD hurdle rates, channel mix etc.
- Ensure robust planning, budgeting and forecasting and financial planning of the business and the accurate and timely production of the management accounts pack, along with other relevant revenue, margin and cost analysis.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate financial controls are in place for the Bettys business and in conjunction with Group Finance, ensure financial information used for statutory purposes is compliant with the relevant Financial standards.
- Qualification to degree level with Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Significant financial/commercial experience with proven track record within similar business
- The ability to translate complicated analysis into a simple story
- Comfortable working with imperfect information, using judgement to present clear recommendations
- Be comfortable challenging peers and being challenged
- Be comfortable working in a values lead business, where decisions are not made on financial rationale alone
- At least 2 years in a senior management position
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Ability to build effective relationships, work collaboratively and influence across multiple stakeholders and teams
- Strong communication – articulate, clear and concise
- Leading self and teams through change