Finance Director - Ambitious Distribution Company
Superb opportunity to join business which is poised for excellent growth in the next 5 years.
Finance leadership role which will also utilise your commercial and operational skills
My client is a fantastic distribution business, and part of a wider, very successful group of companies. They have been quick to adapt to market changes in the last year and are poised for excellent growth.
My client wishes to recruit an experienced Finance Director. He/she will be a member of the senior management team and expected to influence the business across all its activities and operations.
The Parent Group is looking for significant growth from the business and believes that turnover could double within the next 5 years.
The Finance Director will be responsible for the Finance and Administration functions, with a total headcount of circa six people. Potential candidates will need to be rounded professionals with skills and experience that are much more varied than purely Finance e. the role will include responsibility for leasing vans/cars. This role will require a highly commercial Financial Controller who has the drive and energy to succeed and add value at a senior level.
The role will be based in West Kent and report to the General Manager of the local business and the Group Finance Director.
· Responsibility for financial control and reporting business wide;
· Contribute to the development of long-term and strategic planning;
· Provide the leadership team and functional heads with business partnering, advice, insight and analysis as required;
· Provide leadership to the support functions including performance management and direction.
· Negotiate leasing terms with our vehicle providers
· Compliance with accounting standards and procedures;
· Ensure that the Support function meets the needs of the business;
· Maintain and develop robust financial systems and procedures;
· Control of cash flow to ensure that business operates within its banking facilities;
· Lead and co-ordinate the annual budget process;
· Lead and control Capital Expenditure and monitoring against budget;
· Ensure that Group Reporting information is submitted accurately and on time;
· Ad hoc project work as agreed.
The successful candidate will:
-hold a full accountancy qualification - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
-have held roles which include a broader remit than pure finance
-have experience of working closely with senior operational management, offering them direction and guidance and commanding their respect
·have experience of being part of the management team of an ambitious business on a growth trajectory
·have Stock Management experience. Experience of a fast moving stock and delivery environment
-have the passion, drive and energy to help grow a business
-operate a collaborative, team building style that encourages and motivates
-be robust and experienced with the confidence to challenge constructively
-be commercially astute, with sound commercial understanding, based on a detailed understanding of the company's financial performance.
Basic salary up up to £85,000 + bonus potential + pension