Senior Service Charge Accountant - Residential
Senior Service Charge Accountant - Residential. Our Client is an established property management firm specialising in block management. This award-winning managing agent work with some of UK's largest development companies to manage residential blocks across London. They are now looking for a highly experienced Service Charge Accountant with residential block property experience. The role reporting to the Financial Controller will require one to fulfil the following duties:
- Preparing year-end service charge accounts for smaller, complex, multi-schedule properties.
- Working with the property managers to set annual service charge budgets.
- Submitting VAT returns.
- Preparing financial reports for clients and sending them out.
- Carrying out expenditure reviews.
- Making sure all the funds are collected as per the terms of the lease, liaising with Property Manager as and when needed.
- Assisting auditors as required in connection with the service charge and company year-end accounts.
- Ensuring all financial details are recorded accurately.
- Undertaking client and tenant liaison and attending meetings as required.
- Ensuring all documentation is issued accurately including (but not limited to) budgets, cyclical demands, client reporting etc.
The Person to apply MUST be an experienced Service Charge / Property Accountant with solid residential property experience. You will have detailed knowledge and experience of preparing year-end service charge accounts for a given block property portfolio. You will be a diligent and pro-active individual with strong systems experience and it is essential you have experience of a property management system such as QUBE, YARDI or TRAMPS. You are also required to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the financial requirements of the lease/s of each building. If you are studying or looking to study, study support will be provided.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook