Senior Audit Manager (Partner Designate)
The Business & Opportunity:
Are you currently working in a senior capacity for an accountancy firm now looking for that next step towards Partnership? Do you possess exceptional business acumen and strategic skills together with a broad technical background? If so, this opportunity could be ideal for you…… My client are one of Yorkshires leading independent accountancy firms. They are well-established, extremely reputable, and with multiple offices across the region, are continuing to grow both organically and via acquisition. It’s a combination of this growth, together with succession planning, that they are looking to recruit an ambitious accountant, currently at Senior Manger level, who has aspirations to make Partner in the next 1-2 years.
You will be the most senior point of contact for all Audit activity. With the support of a highly talented team, you will manage a sizeable and enviable portfolio of clients. Specifically, you will…
- Demonstrate excellence in Audit requirements, accounting standards & legislation and technical issues;
- Work closely with other Partners, using your strategic skills and mindset in helping drive the business forward;
- Be confident and interactive with clients from identifying potential new business, marketing to prospects and proposing solutions;
- Develop strong relationships with external parties, including banks and solicitors, and reporting to the institute;
- Build further revenue streams through introducing new clients to the firm;
- Take ownership of the overall Audit planning to ensure work is completed in a timely manner;
- Manage a varied portfolio of clients across a range of industries, ensuring a high level of client service is maintained;
- Take the RI lead from planning to finalisation;
- Lead some of the larger and more complex assignments;
- Be responsible for organising and planning the workload across the team;
- Manage the Audit team, providing coaching and development, and ensuring consistency in approach across offices;
- Play a key part in non-audit activities, including advisory projects and being on hand with other departments.
Skills & Experience required:
- ACA or ACCA qualified;
- Possess a wealth of both Audit and non-audit (general practice) experience in a senior capacity from an accountancy firm;
- Excellent client relationship skills;
- A strategic and commercial mindset to play a key part in making the firm even more successful;
- Experience of dealing with complex client issues;
- In addition to being technically proficient, you’ll need to lead, motivate and train others to contribute to the firms success;
- Must possess the required personality traits, these being: drive, ambition, enthusiasm, passion and excellent client facing skills;
- Wear your heart on your sleeve, with the ability to always challenge and come up with innovative ways of working;
- It is desirable that you have achieved or will soon intend to achieve RI (Responsible Individual) status, but this is is not a pre-requisite;
- Candidates currently working in industry, looking to make the move back into practice will also be considered.
What’s on Offer:
- 50-65K Salary dependent on experience;
- 25 Days holiday, Free onsite parking, Pension, Private Health & Bonus;
- This is a genuine route to Partner within 1-2 years, which will then include equity, so your financial package will significantly increase in a relatively short space of time.
- Interviews are being conducted asap, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Lyons Recruitment are exclusively retained on this recruitment campaign, hence any CV's submitted from other sources will automatically be redirected.