A market leading consumer products business with sites across Europe is looking for a Management Accountant to join its team in Swansea, Wales, for a full-time, permanent role.
Your New Role
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the complete and accurate recording of all capital costs, tax accounting and intra group transactions, whilst mentoring and coaching staff across the general ledger department.
You will also act as number two for the Group Finance Manager in the overall consolidation of the group financial at month end. The role will also have end to end responsibility for the group’s accounting as well as other ad-hoc projects.
Key duties of the Management Accountant will include:
- Responsibility for the complete and accurate recording of the monthly capital expenditure, both tangible and intangible.
- Ensuring the associated asset registers are correctly stated at month end.
- Ensuring the group is up to date with its IFRS16 lease accounting as part of the groups UK GAAP to IFRS conversion.
- Coaching and mentoring the junior members of the team.
- Planning and implementing mid-month reviews of capital cost accounting to ensure resource is optimised to deliver on monthly close timetable.
- Maintaining and completing groups VAT records including quarterly and bi-monthly submission to HMRC.
- Maintaining and completing groups Intrastat records including monthly submission to HMRC.
- Maintaining and reconciling the groups Corporation Tax position on a quarterly basis.
The business looks to hire an ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified Accountant who demonstrates:
- Relevant industry experience
- Proactive and forward-thinking individual
- The ability to work to set standards in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on more responsibility when required
- Good knowledge of IFRS16 and UK GAAP
- Strong Excel skills
The newly appointed Management Accountant will benefit from:
- Great opportunities for individual growth
- £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
- The opportunity to work closely with and deputise for the Group FM
- The chance to join a large European business with career progression opportunities
If you would like to discuss this Management Accountant position in further detail, please submit your application as soon as possible.