Senior Finance Manager
- Sports media business
- Broad leadership role
About Our Client
ATP Media is the broadcast arm of the ATP World Tour and provides the centralised worldwide television and digital broadcast rights across the ATP World Tour. With unrivalled access and expertise in the broadcast production of men's professional tennis, the company delivers an end to end solution for global broadcasters incorporating host production and global delivery for the Nitto ATP Finals, Next Gen ATP Finals, ATP World Tour Masters 1000s plus world feed production and global delivery for the ATP World Tour 500s.
ATP Media operates Tennis TV, a ground-breaking direct-to-consumer digital subscription streaming service for the ATP World Tour. Tennis TV streams over 2,000 live matches a year across a wide range of mobile apps and streaming platforms.
ATP Media is a shareholder in newly established Tennis Data Innovations Group (TDI), which is a joint venture with the ATP set up to exploit data and streaming assets primarily within the betting industry.
The company has had a significant period of growth and has ambitious plans for further growth in the future.
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of all aspect of the finance department within ATP Media, which, from 1 January 2021, also operates as a shared service centre for TDI. The processes within ATP Media are well established and operating well and the TDI finance operations are being incorporated gradually according to the needs of the Group. An RFP process has begun to replace the accounting system during 2021.
There is currently a team of 4 reporting in, with plans to recruit a 5th as the reporting and FP&A requirements increase for TDI.
This is a hands-on role, and one that can be technically challenging, but there is plenty of support available from the CFO, the team and external advisers.
The immediate challenge for this role will be full integration of TDI finance operations, followed by selection and implementation of a new accounting system on a timescale to be agreed.
- Annual Budgeting - Managing the process and liaising with department heads to create multi-layered budgets including tournament production budgets
- Annual 3 year Business Plan preparation, extending the budget period to the following 2 years based on the company strategy.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts - month end close procedure, preparation of reporting data, discussing performance with internal budget holders, investigation of variances, presentation to internal management.
- Department and Tournament reporting against budget/forecast- liaising with various departments in the business and understanding their drivers and defining any actions required.
- Liaise with TennisTV platform providers to reconcile Subscription revenues.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations with assistance of management and financial accountants.
- Quarterly forecasting of the projected year end position.
- Preparation of Quarterly management/ Finance Committee/ TV Committee/ Board and Shareholder reports
- Annual statutory accounts and management of ATP Media Group audit process
- Managing the relationship with Accounting software providers and continued improvement of system and supporting processes
- Improvement projects as required - to be determined in discussion with CFO
- Ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
- Ad hoc reporting as required by stakeholder group
The Successful Applicant
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Service oriented - understands the purpose of their work and the importance of delivering a high standard of work to stakeholders.
- Ability to manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Business Partnering skills with ability to create rapport across departmental divides and hierarchy.
- Strong communication skills - understands the importance of user perspective in financial reporting and knows when to use face to face, telephone and e-mail to the greatest effect.
- A clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Intermediate excel skills and the ability to apply in practical analysis and organisational techniques. Power BI experience would be a benefit but training can be provided
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks in order to deliver to all stakeholders on time, every time.
- Ability to focus in the face of pressure. Flexible approach to working within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while maintain motivation and high standard of work and having a proactive approach to responsibilities. Willingness to ask for help when under pressure or out of depth.
- Experience implementing systems
What's on Offer
The Senior Finance Manager role has a competitive salary and benefits
Third party CV's will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Closing Date: 19/04/21
Ref Code: MPGWJN0220212007092Z