This multi-national business specialises in the development and manufacture of innovative products for a global market that has seen phenomenal growth in the last decade. Turnover has increased by over 25% in the last financial year fueled by increasing demand from international markets and the realisation of operational efficiencies following a period of internal investment. The group business has received strong support from institutional investors for continued international expansion and this has now prompted a need to strengthen the UK finance department by recruiting an exceptional Finance Manager.
The main purpose of this position is to provide financial support to key departments in the business (sales, operations and supply chain) managing and developing a small finance team responsible for day to day finance activity. The Finance Manager will undertake the following duties:
- Preparation of financial information for the manufacturing site
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly management accounts
- Financial reporting on other UK subsidiaries
- Inter- company trading and multi-currency transactions
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cashflow management and reporting
- Supporting the annual audit
- Managing relationships with external advisors
- Resolving queries and improving controls / processes
- Supervising and developing a small accounts team
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant looking for some progression from a Financial or Management Accountant position into a Finance Manager role. The business is currently in the middle of a substantial project to upgrade to an ERP system and therefore a high degree of computer literacy will be essential to support this transition from a finance perspective. You will report to a dynamic Head of Finance on site at the manufacturing facility in Bolton and on an ad hoc basis to the parent company overseas. The ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise is crucial to success in this role as the business is growing quickly and the output of the finance department is a key element that will influence the likelihood of receiving further investment.