Management Accountant / Finance Manager
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
- Newly created opportunity within a growing business based in St Albans
- Be a part of a national award winning practice
About Our Client
Mercer & Hole have been helping clients since 1905, which is a testament to their long-standing reputation. However, their real focus is on the future, both for their clients' businesses and for creating wealth for the next generation. They are placed in the UK market as a top 40 accountancy firm, one of the top accountancy firms for private client and as a top financial planning company. They are proud to recognised as an independent UK firm with international reach.
- The Management Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management account packs. The person will also own statutory and internal reporting. There will be team supervision with 1 direct report - Finance Assistant, who is to be developed within their career.
Further responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for all M&H entities
- Prepare and post monthly journals. Payroll, Depreciation, Fees, accruals & prepayments etc
- Prepare monthly management accounts commentary & pack for management committee
- Monthly reporting to committees and dept heads
- Quarterly Partner performance analysis
- Quarterly Balance Sheet schedules
- Provide schedules for Annual Statutory accounts for Group and subsidiaries and Partnership Tax accounts and budget
- Systems implementation and necessary training
- Provide assistance to other members of the department when required
- Deal with any queries which may arise from Partners/staff within the firm
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Management Accountant opportunity will be a competent accountant and willing leader who has a desire to learn and develop their skills. Working alongside the Practice Manager, you will be able to develop both technical and soft skills to prepare yourself for a senior leadership role in the future. You will also ideally possess/be the following:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- 5+ years' experience within a similar role
- Excellent Excel knowledge and experience.
- Practice Management System (CCH) experience as a desirable
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to write and present clear and concise reports.
- High attention to detail
- Preparation of computerised accounts
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to work as part of a team and with staff at all levels
- Have a demonstrable collaborative approach and the ability to engage, inspire and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong planning and time management skills and able to prioritise workload
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Life Assurance 4x
- 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 0900-1730 with flexi hours
- Opportunity to be part of fantastic company culture
Closing Date: 30/04/21
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW0220212006129Z